Praxis Results

Hey guys, Last blog post I can’t believe it! So if I am honest my Tweeter page was unsuccessful. While I had completed all my research and was ready to upload i have to admit it felt very impersonal to me. I have never had a Tweeter page or any form of social media for that matter … I know what you are thinking “no way thats crazy?,” but it is true. Thus, I didn’t feel comfortable posting it into thin air and hope someone would read it one day. So instead I settled on a powerpoint which briefly in compasses everything that I wanted the Tweeter page to have said. I say briefly, because I emailed the powerpoint to family members and friends and i wanted it to be simple, informative, and quick. That way younger family members wouldn’t have time to get bored or to lose interest. We also interacted through text to make sure I was able to answer any questions. Once all the questions were answered surrounding gentrification and I knew everyone felt comfortable with their understanding of the term. I asked all my family member and friends to forward the email to at least two more people.

It was important to me that my family and friends were able to grasp the concept of gentrification, as well as being able to ask any question about the topic. This is due to the fact that my goal was to start a chain reaction in which we were able to spread the world about gentrification what it is, what it may lead to, and some possible ways to empower communities. Overall, I believe the powerpoint has circulated to twenty-two people and the hope is people continue to share it. I have added the link below if one is interested. I hope everyone is staying safe and surviving finals week!

EcoFem Praxis Final